Re: What to do on a hot summer day - come to San Francisco where it's nice and cool

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 14:24:49 PDT

Have a good time camping.

My 2nd favorite place in Ca is the area you will be camping. My
grandfather rented the same cabin every summer in Mara Bay (sp) and
hosted all the cousins for a family summer of swimming and eating his
excellent fresh sea food meals. Brings back great memories!

I am interested in the mention of "Elder Arts Celebration". Moving
into my 60s would certainly qualify me for interest in this exhibit.
What exactly is it?

Beautiful scenery is definitely everywhere! Can't get my fill of it.

----------
>From: "Jean Eger" <jeaneger@lanminds.com>
>Subject: What to do on a hot summer day - come to San Francisco where it's
nice and cool
Date: Tue, Jul 24, 2001, 12:50 PM

> You're right about San Francisco being cold in August. Come with layers!
> The ocean fog is our natural air conditioning. We're preparing to go
> camping at San Simeon this weekend and go see the Hearst Castle. We got the
> next-to-the-last campsite available in all the state parks in the area for
> Friday night, but no where to sleep Saturday. Reserve early for California
> coastal camping!

>Being an old bird myself (58), I am planning
> to see the "Elder Arts Celebration" at the San Francisco Art Institute,
> August 3-17.

---