Henri Rousseau Prints/Images

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 09:47:08 PDT

Drats.....I no longer have my Shorewood resources at home...but the
titles I use most are something like:
"Surprise Storm"
"Tiger Attacking a Water Buffalo" (one version is at the Cleveland
Museum of Art--Awesome!)
Both of those are also on Mark Harden's Artchive site
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/ftptoc/rousseau_ext.html

"Virgin Forest" (poor reproduction)
http://www.postershop.com/rousseau/ryv5.htm (this is also called
"Jungle Sunset"---Shorewood uses Virgin Forest, I believe)

These are some other images I use (shhh...color photocopies)

"Tropical Forest with Monkeys"
http://www.nga.gov/cgi-bin/pimage?60987+0+0
National Gallery lesson:
http://www.nga.gov/education/schoolarts/rousseau.htm

Horse Attacked by a Jaguar
http://www.multimania.com/lereve/liens/acheval.htm

The Equatorial Jungle
http://www.nga.gov/cgi-bin/pimage?46405+0+0

Just found out the best Henri Rousseau site (for images) is no longer
on line (boo-hoo).

Here is a lesson plan from Andrea Mulder-Slater's site that I had
saved into my elementary folder (written by Rebecca Engelman):
http://www.kinderart.com/arthistory/rousseau.htm

---