Re: Update on Jeannie's mother (important for all women)

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 11:00:34 PDT

Do pay attention to this. My mother died of ovarian cancer. Her death may
have been prevented if she had access to this kind of information. She was
in a high risk group and had all the symptoms, yet was told that her
gastro-intestinal symtoms (after undergoing a year of testing) had to do
with her "nerves" (sure she was nervous, she was ill and nobody could tell
her why). NEVER let a doctor tell you that. Once she was diagnosed at
stage 4, I read up on ovarian cancer and could not believe it wasn't
diagnosed earlier. I only wish I had access to the internet back then, I
probably could have diagnosed her, and much earlier! Now when my friends
and family are sick, I research, just in case. She was 58 when she died.

Leah

---