Update on Jeannie's mother (important for all women)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 09:11:16 PDT

Jeannie (a list member) is still optimistic and we are all praying for
her. Her mother is not "out-of-the-woods" yet and was admitted back
into the hospital last Wednesday. Her mother has level 4 ovarian
cancer. I assured Jeannie that her mother's experience will save
lives. All women on this list are encouraged to scan the links below.
Find out what kind of tests are available in your area (check to see
if you --or your loved ones are in the higher risk factor). Make the
test part of your annual check-up (along with pap and mammogram). Men
on the list --- share with the women you love. Please post any other
tests you may have come across -- this was something I had promised
Jeannie I would do.

Judy Decker

10 Things Every Woman Should Know About Ovarian Cancer
http://www.drkoop.com/news/special-reports/ovarian/10_things.html
More on symptoms:
http://www.pinksunrise.com/osp/symptoms.htm
TVUs ( transvaginal ultrasounds) test for early detection
http://pinksunrise.com/osp/news3.htm
A transvaginal ultrasound takes a picture, without radiation of a
woman's ovaries. A small probe is inserted into the vagina. This
simple and fast, yet thorough exam

http://cancerpage.com/cancernews/cancernews1575.htm

http://www.cancernetwork.com/CME/Ovarian/bloodtest.htm

http://www.wtc.washington.edu/newsandpubs/1998_Fall/cancer.html

http://www.sptimes.com/News/021801/TampaBay/Moffitt_studies_test_.shtm

CA 125 Test for Ovarian Cancer:
http://www.medicineculture.com/article1010.html
Caution in using the CA 125 test:
http://www.fhradio.org/fm/archives/2000/2415%28FM%29.html

Test for blood levels of lysophosphatidic acid (LPA)
http://news.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/ovariancancer_study.html

---