Re: What to do on a hot Summer Day

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 08:19:15 PDT

Maggie, One better would be doing all this in the mountains outside of
Mexico City! I have always been partial to siesta. Recently they
have become a necessity. Problem with NJ is it doesn't cool off that
much in the evening so sleeping can be miserable without ac.

When it gets really hot in August I will be packing my winter sweaters
and going to San Francisco. My college roommate lives on the ocean
side of S F. We met when she was fresh from Shanghai. Whenever I
visit her she says, "Every time you visit I am more American and you
are more Chinese." I will be visiting my 90 year old aunt in Petaluma.
Won't need the sweaters in the day time there.

Anything exciting, art wise, going on in San Francisco in August that
I shouldn't miss?

Sharon from NJ
- <heneborn@erols.com>

----------
>From: Maggie White <mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com>
>Subject: Re: What to do on a hot Summer Day
>Date: Mon, Jul 23, 2001, 1:09 AM

> Woody Duncan wrote:

>> What are you doing to stay out of the hot sun ?????

> Do as they do in Mexico and Spain: get an early start while it's cool,
> take a long siesta in a hammock in the afternoon, then come alive again
> in the evening. Make a big batch of gazpacho and potato salad for
> lunches, so you won't have to cook. Take a shower before supper with
> Garden Botanika's "Exhilarating Mint" body wash and conditioning
> shampoo, then use their lotion afterwards. Sit on the back patio in a
> yukata (a Japanese summer kimono) with a champagne cocktail, watching
> the setting sun light up the valley Life doesn't get much better!

> Maggie

---