Re: Re-enegizing the Artist- Ken

---------

Holly112_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 21:41:00 PDT

In my 3x5' "Barbie pond" I have 2 comets and 4 koi, they all have names. I
have a water lily, 2 marginals, a water hyacinth 2 water lettuce and some
other pretty variegated-leaf water plant. I bought 4 anacharis plants to
keep in the water. THey are good oxigenators. I have a small fountain and a
water pump with a foam filter. I was told that I don't need a biological
filter if I add this bacteria additive to my pond once a week, and its been 2
weeks and so far, knock on wood, its tests OK. The fish are thriving and
getting accustomed to their new habitat and to us. They are getting braver.
THey used to just eat and swim away fast. Now they see us and they come
swimming up to the surface.

I am going to have a chance to make it "real". It'll still be small, but I
am going to build a waterfall (with help) out of shale, and use the rock to
edge it also. Then I'll plant beautiful plants among the rock and I CAN"T
WAIT TO GET TO IT!

You're plans sound wonderful, Ken. IS there a Home Depot by you?
I thought I saw flexible liner by the foot there, maybe $10 a foot? I wasn't
looking closely, because I didn't need it....They had filters and fountains
and parts--it might be worth a look....

Holly :0)

In a message dated 7/22/01 10:30:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bicyclken@aol.com writes:

> Well, I 'm not as far along. I have started digging the hole and I'm going
> to make a raised border with wood. Right now I'm looking for a liner that
> is
> 12' x 12' without having to pay for a 15' x 15.' My water return is going
> be a hollow piece of large bamboo that will look very Japanese. I like
> Japanese design and I do a lot of Bonsai.
>
> I'll let you know when I get my pond full and with plants and goldfish.

---