Re: High School Art Club

---------

From: Bill Sechler (Billse_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 17:04:19 PDT

I have been an Art Club Advisor for 15 years at my high school, in that
time we have instituted an annual district wide art show/competition,
field trips to galleries and museums and finally this year even joining
the National Honor Art Society through the NAEA. We have a constitution
and follow "Robert's Rule of Order" and take ourselves seriously. We go on
plein air and sketching trips during the school year and volunteer for
other special events like "Halloween Face Painting" at elementary schools.
The students and your personal available time determine a lot of what you
do and do not do. The students need to believe that they are doing
something significant to be sucessful.

---