Re: POND TALK - long post

---------

From: griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 14:26:40 PDT

Wow, that is some pond. In your other post you mention the terra cotta planter, I will have to start that way if I decide to begin.
Just after writing yesterday, about how relaxed I was, I had another horrific episode with giant rattlesnakes. I tell you, my nerves are shot, and the only thing I can draw after, is a rattlesnake. I have also gotten some very interesting photos which I have been emailing to equally horrified family and friends. Of course, I take my photos of the deceased snake...I would go for live shots, if they were anywhere but on my deck...a little close to my abode.
So, I am rethinking the water plans, as I have a sneaking suspicion that all the watering and gardening I have been doing, in a very dry year, is responsible for the emergence of the rattlers. I may have to start with a little one in the house.
There is a great water garden nursery on Highway 29, just near Yountville in the Napa valley so any one in northern Calif. who has read all this, might like to visit for ideas. . Sorry, I does help to calm the nerves to write about such a scare. Three dogs, three cats and we are all safe.
Charlotte
Ps...be very very glad that this list doesn't allow attachments! :)
griswald@telis.org
rexfree_99@yahoo.com

---