Re: Re:re energizing the artist

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 04:44:59 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "M Ulakovits" <msqu@atlantic.net>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2001 2:41 PM
Subject: Re:re energizing the artist

How does
> anyone, especially elementary art teachers find the time?
> Martha Ulakovits

I, an elementary teacher, find time in the summer. However, it's a priority
thing, I think. We can find time anytime if we want to. I'm more inspired
to develop fascinating things to present to my students than I am to paint
(right now). Classes do help one to prioritize. During my graduate
painting work, I found the time, had to! I was more prolific in the summer,
though. Now, I paint mostly to keep up my skills, so it seems clear to me,
that reenergizing the artist is more about having experiences that inspire
you to find the time to make art. Experience things that make you want to
communicate the experience to others. Oh, and it also takes some
discipline.

Leah

---