Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: ponds

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 21:46:49 PDT

At 10:33 PM 7/21/2001 -0500, The Austin's wrote:
>One of those whiskey barrels perhaps? Or any large container that will hold
>water. I have two large flower pots that didn't have any holes in the bottom
>(bought them at Wal-Mart for $8 each). I buried them and planted lotus in
>them. I have seen old-fashioned bathtubs filled with water and plants as
>well. If it'll hold water you can put a plant in it! :-)

A potter friend has a very large bowl/planter without a hole in the bottom,
out on their patio with water plants and large goldfish living among the
plants. His wife says it's her answer to a koi pond. It was a really nice
touch that didn't take up much space at all.

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert
 \|/ |
 -O- | |
 /|\ | | |
____ | |