Re: Re:interviews

---------

From: Beth Goodwin (bgood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 03:22:03 PDT

From: Artgirl109@aol.com
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2001 3:47 PM
  Subject: Re:interviews

  Dear Group,
        My principal asked me to sit in on the interviews for the the new art
  position at my my high school

  Susie and all: How discouraging! Unfortunaely, it seems many adminstrators as well as other teachers think that's all art class is - maybe we'll draw a little and then paint. When I went for interviews, no one asked me ANY relevant questions and I finally decided it was because they didn't have a clue about what should be going on in art class. Curriculum? - it never occurs to them that we would be concerned with the same issues teachers in the "regular" classes. Is there really anything TO learn in art? Don't you just have to be talented? I am hoping to do some educating when I move to the high school position this year.
  Beth

---