Re: Enthusiam?

---------

From: M Ulakovits (msqu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 14:03:02 PDT

Hold on there- From my experience elementary art teachers show the most
enthusiasm and have the best since of humor. They are more apt to take risks
and are more whimsical. Elementary art teachers establish the "art mindset."
They can destroy or quench the creative spirit in children. They have
hundreds of students each week. They have to have a lot of enthusiam just to
get through the week! I don't think this list is necessarily a microcosm of
art teachers in general. In my experience, elementary art teachers are less
likely to use technology (than middle) so there may not be as many
elementary art teachers on this list. Elementary art teachers have lower
budgets, less planning time, little or no access to equipment, smaller
artrooms, more students,etc. In addtion-no support from the administration.
What does this have to do with them being on the artsednet list? Well, I
would think the more one uses technology, the more ways one discovers it's
uses.
Don't mean to get on a soapbox but someone has to ( from time to time.)
Martha Ulakovits
Elementary Art Teacher

---