Re:re energizing the artist

---------

From: M Ulakovits (msqu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 11:41:04 PDT

About renergizing the artist:
Visiting galleries always energizes me. Actually it makes me feel guilty
about that canvass sitting in the other room with the sketch completed but
not a lick of paint on it. I seem to find myself involved so deeply in art
ed that I can't set aside that time to work.In addition, I love to write. An
art ed friend of mine found herself in the same situation for years. Year
before last she took a painting class at the local community college. It
forced her to produce. Now she has enough work for shows.When I work, I have
to have no distractions. I take short workshops duirng the year but I'm
thinking a semester course might pressure me into producing. How does
anyone, especially elementary art teachers find the time?
Martha Ulakovits

---