Re: POND TALK

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 06:50:30 PDT

Thanks for sharing - your pond is gorgeous! My hubby is drooling over your rocks! *L* Any other ponders here? We can start our own ArtsEdNet Pond Society! *L*
~Michal

  All this pond talk has prompted me to post a pic of my pond.
  I spent a good month, off and on, building my pond, and the water runs 24/7. The rocks are hand picked from the nearby mountain quarry, 3-4 man in size and had to be set with a small tractor. The rocks alone cost me $400.00.
  The creekbed is 20' long and the rocks in the creekbed were hand picked from a local river by my wife, kids and I, we filled half my pick up with small, round river rocks, hucked from the river to my truck in 5 gallon buckets. I even hucked a few tree stumps and river worn logs out also.
  Everytime I go camping or travel, I pick up a rock as a souvenir of my trip...So I have rocks from all over the northwest in my pond....You can always here my kids say, "oh great, dads stopping for another rock"

  You can see my pond at www.uniqueworks.com/pond.htm

  Pond-fanatic...
  G.Oz

---