POND TALK

---------

From: The Osbornes (gosborne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 23:54:04 PDT

Ok,
All this pond talk has prompted me to post a pic of my pond.
I spent a good month, off and on, building my pond, and the water runs 24/7. The rocks are hand picked from the nearby mountain quarry, 3-4 man in size and had to be set with a small tractor. The rocks alone cost me $400.00.
The creekbed is 20' long and the rocks in the creekbed were hand picked from a local river by my wife, kids and I, we filled half my pick up with small, round river rocks, hucked from the river to my truck in 5 gallon buckets. I even hucked a few tree stumps and river worn logs out also.
Everytime I go camping or travel, I pick up a rock as a souvenir of my trip...So I have rocks from all over the northwest in my pond....You can always here my kids say, "oh great, dads stopping for another rock"

The bio filter in the background I made myself off a site I found on the internet after much research.

I love the sound of the running water, watching the fish in it and all the birds that come to get drinks on a daily basis. It's really unique in the winter with snow and icing over, and the fish still survive. Believe it or not, I stock my pond with feeder fish @ 25cents each from the local pet store, and they do just fine!!

If you got ponds, post em...
I was even thinking of starting my own pond site for people from all over the world to post pictures of their private tranquility. Any thoughts?

You can see my pond at www.uniqueworks.com/pond.htm

Pond-fanatic...
G.Oz
admin@erhstv.com