Re: Re-enegizing: PONDS

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 22:07:37 PDT

  Hi Sharon - I've already e-mailed Holly & Ken. I have my pond listed - were you talking about me? I am totally addicted! It is my salvation during the summer. There is nothing like getting home from those stressful first (and last) days of school while the weather is still hot, kicking off your shoes and sticking your feet in the cool water. The fish will swarm around begging for food, and if you're patient you can train them so you can literally pet them! We open the window a crack at night so we can hear the waterfall. I just got some new lilies this summer and two of them bloomed for the first time - gorgeous! My site is http://www.geocities.com/whest177/pond_index.html if anyone is interested. Happy summer!
  ~Michal

  I'm so envious of you pond-builders, someone on the list has a website that features her pond.....just can't remember who.

  This is something I've wanted to do forever, and now that we've moved (4 weeks ago), I've got a place to do it--just not the TIME this summer.....

  I've compensated by building various simple indoor fountains, but I really, really want to go for the idea of a pond in my back yard. I've always been drawn to water and to rocks, and I think it would be wonderful to create my own little "elemental" sanctuary.

  Please share your stories and pictures (even off-list)--I'd love to hear how it goes....

---