Re: Re-enegizing the Artist- Ken

---------

Holly112_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 21:44:47 PDT

In a message dated 7/20/01 1:42:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bicyclken@aol.com writes:

> I'm designing and digging and creating a pond for my backyard that has a
> raised foundation with goldfish and water plants. It has been fun
> researching the pond stuff and now putting it together. I like to work in
> my
> yard, because I can't do it as much during the year.

ME too!
But mine starts as a story: My husband helped out friends who needed help
taping and spackling in their apartment. He refused to take money so they
bought us a pond kit, complete with fountain and waterfall from Sam's Club.
Last weekend we dug a hole and set it up. (Its hysterical to look at, its
gray plastic, like we should set up a toy train by the waterfall, which looks
like a fake mountain, with Barbie and Ken in little lounge chairs.) So I
bought nice water and regular plants and am trying to disguise the
plastic-ness of it all by strategic placement of plants. We got 4 Koi and 2
Comet goldfish and its been a week , everything is living and doing well, and
its been fun. But now I want to get real. I want to get rid of the fake
waterfall and get real rock and build a real stone waterfall and stack shale
around the the edges of the pond. At first we wanted to see if we could get
through the winter, but I am getting that feeling of wanting to make
something really beautiful, so I think I can't wait! I'm in for the long
haul!!!

(I could be your pond pen-pal, Ken!)

Holly :0)

---