Re: Frida Kahlo-stamp?

---------

From: griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 20:39:45 PDT

Roberta, I found the stamp about a month ago, while visiting my mom in a
fairly conservative area of central CA. My brother commented on the irony
of a marxist mexican artist being on a US stamp. I don't know the criteria
used when subjects for stamps are selected. I would be curious as to the
process.
I bought a whole sheet of them, and use them to make a statement when paying
bills. They are an intriguing stamp. The PO gave me a number to call to
receive a free catelog of all stamps issued with updates. Otherwise, once
the po runs out of them there is no other way to order. Does anyone know
the number (I lost it) and have more information about stamps?
griswald@telis.org
rexfree_99@yahoo.com

---