Re: Jerusalem themed projects/Chihully

---------

From: Susan Bennett (sbennett_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 13:56:49 PDT

Hi, I know this thread is a little old, I have been on vacation and am
catching up on the mail. Any way. We have Chihully right now in Dayton
Ohio. It is a fantastic show. On Thursday I had the privilege of hearing
him speak on his opening her at the Dayton Art Institute. He is very down
to earth and a pleasure to listen to. His art is awesome. I enjoyed his
painting drawings as well. The glass, color and form. He said that is it
color and form, that is what he thinks of
as he creates. He said he called the Persians that, not because of any
other explanation than he liked the way it sounded. He lives the creative
process, he kind of just flows like his glass! He toured Europe, did
installations in Venice his favorite city in the world, Waterford Ireland,
and others. He had lived in a kibutz in Israel is what took him back there.
Fascinating individual. If you are close to Dayton Ohio it is well worth
the trip. We have a very nice art institute.
Susan in Ohio