Re: Re-enegizing the Artist

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 13:33:10 PDT

Since I lost my studio space (15 years a tenant) to hotel construction - I
finally moved my supplies to my cottage where I look forward to weekend
painting (oils) throughout the year. For now there are boxes of supplies
and canvases ready to go. I just need to recreate my "space" as it was at
the studio and I will create. Oddly, repairs and upkeep push this priority
back a bit each weekend. So I focus on the cottage repairs to allow my
space to present itself. I have a hunch it's going to be the front
enclosure that has full view of the front yard. The light is amazing from
the trees.

For now, I am refinishing my fathers old bedroom set for the extra bedroom
at the cottage. It is wonderful vintage furniture from a famous maker
locally. I am also making adirondack chairs from a pattern chair I found at
the curb. These projects got me thinking of leisure and how people engage
in it. I have been sketching those images and feel I am setting myself up
for a nice series of paintings.

I'm glad you asked about this as I will focus more on this. I have been a
bit lazy tending to my needs and writing this has given renewed priority to
this goal.

deb