Check this out

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 07:33:31 PDT

Somebody just sent me this. I thought I'd share.
Yes, I'm more than old enough to remember this.
                                                Woody in KC
Folks:

(1) Did any of you see the "Powers of 10" movie [sorry--filmstrip!!]
back in the 1970s? It is a
wonderful method of teaching scale, by zooming from the scale of the
cluster of galaxies to a
single proton, and vice versa, by a power of 10 each time. I also saw
it at the Smithsonian Air and
Space Museum in the 1980s. Well-lll, I recently found out that it is a
Java-applet on the web!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail