Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Personal E-mails

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 21:27:45 PDT

Judi Carter wrote:
> When I ask a question and one or more of the wonderful members of this list
> takes the time to reply to my question, I often write back to them and thank
> them. Here is the catch. I don't want to add to the bulk of the list if I
> don't feel that what I have to say is a benifit to the entire
> just plain thank you for your response.
> However, I am becoming increasingly concerned that the members signed up to
> be on a list and may prefer to only be contacted via the list unless
> otherwise indicated.
> What are your thoughts on this?

I think you are being very thoughtful by thanking people off-list.
You're right, the "thank-yous" add a lot more messages to the list, and
they can get pretty annoying when we have no idea what or whom is being

Our e-mail addresses are Out There every time we post. I've never
hesitated to send private e-mail to anyone here.