making your own wet wipes....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 15:54:50 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
I know some of you...especially art-on-a-cart teachers...use wet wipes. In
yesterday's local paper here in CA, there was a recipe of sorts to make your
own. I'm sending it as a possible resource for some of you. Here it
is.........

"Here's how I make my own baby wipes: Cut a roll of paper towels in half; I
recommend Bounty plain white. You will have what looks like two thick rolls
of toilet paper. Place one roll of paper towels in a 2 or 3 quart Rubbermaid
cylinder container. Pour a mixture of 2 1/2 cups boiled water, 2 tablespoons
baby oil, and 1 tablespoon baby wash (like Johnson's) down the core of the
towels. Wait a few minutes, then pull out the cardboard core. Within a hour
the paper will have absorbed the liquid. The wipe will spiral out from
center. For portable use in the diaper bag, I use a leftover blue plastic
wet wipe container and refill with my homemade one. L. White"

Toodles.....Bunki

---