Re: looking for the best IMac CD burner......response

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 14:49:10 PDT

Bunki,
        I was suppose to get back to you after Chicago about
the type of CD burner I was using with my i-Mac. I failed
to follow through, sorry. I have a Que Fire burner. I am very
happy with it and it is very easy to use. I bumped into the
company rep in Chicago and found out that they produce two
other devices I want to buy.
        http://www.qps-inc.com/ (that's the web site)
I use an Imation Super Drive to get floppies into my i-Mac.
It also handles a 120 mb SuperDisc (much like a Zip Disc).
It is not compatible with a Zip Disc but the Super Drive takes
a normal floppy like I use in my Mavica. Well Imation stopped
making the Super Drive so I thought I was out of luck. Well,
it turns out that QPS bought the rights to the SuperDisc and
they manufacture one similar. It's called a Que! LS-240 Drive.
It will take a 240 mb, a 120 mb, a 2 mb, a 1.44 mb and even the
old 720 kb floppy. Now I know where to get a new
one for my other i-Mac. The other item I found of interest is
called a M2 QuadSlim portable hard drive (10 gb). They connect via
fire wire and can be stacked together to provide up to 100 gb.
        Sorry I took so long to get back to you, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com

to see Rosedale's best go to http://www.taospaint.com/BestArtist2001.html