Re: tap-n-glue

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 10:13:31 PDT

I agree with Jeryl about tap-n-glue bottles. I've had exactly the
same problems.

I too have several sets of glue available for the kids. One set we
fondly call the green snot glue, (hey, it's 7th grade!) because it's an
amazing shade of fluorescent green and comes in a sponge
applicator clear tube. I buy these through my district's order at
Office Depot. The other glue which I use with the kids is the small
bottles of Tacky Glue, which I buy at Walmart for less than $1 a
bottle. Six or so bottles last a very long time. We also, on
occasion, use hot glue, which again, I purchase in large quantities
from Walmart.

I also teach the kids that using the proper adhesive is important.
When we do mixed media projects; fabric, paper, collage, etc.
there is a spot on the rubric which asks if they used the
appropriate glue for the media used.

-Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA