tap-n-glue

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 09:55:39 PDT

I've used the tap-n-glue for several years and have mixed feelings about
them. They are great for limiting the amount of glue used on a project
but you really have to educate the students on how to use the bottles.
First they try to open the top and then the glue pours out as the cap
falls off. If you get them past that, they tend to "bang-n-glue". The
noise is bothersome and eventually the little ball part becomes battered
down into the lid and it doesn't work. Only a very small dot of glue
comes out when they are working correctly so it doesn't work for
collages and other projects that need a lot of glue. I keep a separate
supply of regular glue bottles. BTW, Walmart has glue for .25 a bottle
and glue sticks 2/.25. My state gives each teacher $100.00 to spend at
the beginning of each school year so I've already started to stock pile
supplies and save the receipts. The cheap stuff goes fast when school
starts.
     Jeryl in SC

---