Chihully/glass blowing

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 09:43:53 PDT

In a message dated 07/18/2001 11:29:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Iteachart7@aol.com writes:

> Hi Susan, I know this will make you jealous, but...I took a class with Dale
> at Alfred. He was one of the visiting profs. and I do have an origianal
> Chihully! Know mind you it's not perfect, but he did sign it! He gave
> something to everyone of his students. he is amazing to watch in action.
> he
> has some work hanging in the Delaware art museum. They are kind of
> amorphic
> discs that are suspended in front of the window and when the sun hits them
> it's spectacular!
> PS, I didn't really want to make you jealous, just wanted to share the
> experience.

Wow, Gabrielle...a course with Chihully! Now that's what I call exciting!!
I'm really not that jealous, LOL, and am so glad you shared your experience.
That original piece he gave you is becoming more valuable as time goes on.
Did you insure it? Have you seen the new book on Chihully? Last month I was
in the Smithsonian Contemporary Gallery of Art. The book store there had it.

Please tell us more about your glass blowing experiences. Glass blowing is
on my list of accomplishments I for which I would like to strive. I'm very
interested in learning how. I understand that a school in Brooklyn, New York
called Urban Glass would be the closest place for me to learn. Does anyone
out there blow glass? Please share your experiences.
Susan on Long Island

---