Velcro and ceramic bas-reliefs

---------

From: Ms. Davies (CDAVIES_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 06:51:31 PDT

Summer is great but there are still loose ends to tie.I went into to school
yesterday to plan a display of 40 various size ceramic bas reliefs that the
4th graders had made of their homes. They are about 1/2" thick terracotta
and range from 6"x 3" to 12"x7". The original plan was to mount them with
kitchen cabinet mounts on to 1/2" plywood so they would be secure but could
easily be removed later when the children graduate.

 Then the idea came up to mount them with Velcro ( I already have visions of
seeing these slide on the floor in a pile of terracotta shards.) Undoubtedly
Velcro would be quicker and easier.
 Does anyone have any experience of this????
I believe there is an industrial strength Velcro, ( Home Depot?) but would
it be strong enough for these heavy tiles.?

Is there anyone out there who can help?
Thanks

 Cynthia

---