Re: Keeping their eyes off the merchandize.....

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 01:03:08 PDT

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> I'd stay away from the Nat. Geographic magazines completely IMHO. I once
> discovered a small group of 7/8th grade boys making a "breast" collage from
> them. Whenever we used these old versions of N.Geo. donated by our very own
> school library, there would always be a page's worth of boobs SOMEWHERE in
> those pages.

With all of the modern images of the female form out there it's
hard to imagine 7/8th grade boys getting too much thrill from
old Nat. Geographic magazines. Sounds like a "Happy Days" rerun.
I simply joke it off in my class and tell them they have to get their
thrills outside of school. I tell them there is a BOE rule "no frontal
nudity allowed". Of course I'm setting myself up for a butt collage.
                                                        Woody in KC
We take a day just to tear up old Nat. Geographic magazines looking
for good collage pages. They look for color, texture, pattern, etc.

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com

to see Rosedale's best go to http://www.taospaint.com/BestArtist2001.html