Re: Jerusalem themed projects/Chihully

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 21:14:39 PDT

> Hi Susan, I know this will make you jealous, but...I took a class with Dale
> at Alfred. He was one of the visiting profs. and I do have an origianal
> Chihully! Know mind you it's not perfect, but he did sign it! He gave
> something to everyone of his students. he is amazing to watch in action. he
> has some work hanging in the Delaware art museum. They are kind of amorphic
> discs that are suspended in front of the window and when the sun hits them
> it's spectacular!
> PS, I didn't really want to make you jealous, just wanted to share the
> experience.
> Peace
> Gabrielle ---

Gabrielle,

I'M JEALOUS!!! I saw a show of his work in Tucson around 1981 and was
completely captivated. I'd never heard of "art glass" before then, and
certainly never heard of him. So tell me, how DOES one pronounce his
name? In my head I've always said chi-HOO-ly, but never dared say it
aloud, not knowing how far off I was.

Maggie

---