Re: Jerusalem themed projects/Chihully

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 20:27:39 PDT

In a message dated 7/18/01 11:44:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ARTNSOUL12@aol.com writes:

> Sharon, what kind of project? As a contempory glass collector, I'm
> intrigued
> with Chihully. Has anyone seen the A&E special on Chihully in Venice or
> his
> work last year at glass exhibit at The American Craft Museum in NYC? Boy,
> do
> I wish I could afford a genuine Chihully. Susan on Long Island ---

Hi Susan, I know this will make you jealous, but...I took a class with Dale
at Alfred. He was one of the visiting profs. and I do have an origianal
Chihully! Know mind you it's not perfect, but he did sign it! He gave
something to everyone of his students. he is amazing to watch in action. he
has some work hanging in the Delaware art museum. They are kind of amorphic
discs that are suspended in front of the window and when the sun hits them
it's spectacular!
PS, I didn't really want to make you jealous, just wanted to share the
experience.
Peace
Gabrielle

---