Re: Chihully's Blown Glass (Long)

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 19:44:20 PDT

In a message dated 07/18/2001 9:39:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mizjmac@msn.com writes:

> Chihully did a site specific work in Jeruselum, it was broadcast on PBS. It
> was out doors. It happened to snow and that even added to the exhiibt. If
> you can picture all these beautiful intense colors of clear glass against a
> backdrop of white snow and buff colored stone. You almost have to see it
> to appreciate it.

Sharon, thanks for taking the time to relay the info about Chihuilly. I saw
Chihilly's work on the streets of Venice last summer, near the Raolto Bridge,
hanging from the streetlights- must be the work on video you're talking
about. I wonder if it's still there. I'll be in Venice around August 10th
and will look for it. Last year we were in a gallery in upstate New York
that represented Chihully. Fantastic pieces and they were for sale! I
always say that if I had a lot of money I would buy important pieces of art-
not jewels, cars or anything else. Yup, I'd tour the world buying up art I
love!

Susan on Long Island

---