Re: Chihully's Blown Glass (Long)

---------

From: Joy McGugan (mizjmac_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 18:43:23 PDT

It was a almost 2 years ago that my family went to The Mint Museum of Craft in Charlotte, NC and saw a fabulous Chihuly show. My son was 10 at the time and when he went through the Persian ceiling he just kept saying "WOW!" in a low voice over and over!

Last summer I went to a lecture by Chihuly in Fayetteville, NC. He was so interesting and entertaining - we found out later that he was in extreme pain due to a back injury. I took a group of students to the museum there which had a very small exhibit and they loved it.

Joy