Re: Thanks: carpet yarn and upholstery samples

---------

AnMStringe_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 16:47:14 PDT

In a message dated 7/18/01 11:42:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Susan_Holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu writes:

> And glue bottles- it looks like there has been a bit of glue surgery going on
> and the elmer's tops are pretty shot. I just saw this thing called a
> Tap-n-Glue Cap in the Nasco catalog. Says it never clogs or dries in the
> cap-
> but it costs about as much as a whole new kid size bottle of glue. Now, I
> have
> already spent enough hours of my life washing, peeling and toothpicking
> dried
> glue out of bottle tops. Is this Tap-n-Glue Cap a wonder product or just
> something silly?

Several years ago when I had pre-k, the pre-k teacher gave me some Tap-n-Glue
Caps to use because that was what she was using in the class room . I found
out that they really confuse the older children who are used to opening the
elmers by twisting the cap. And squeezing the bottle and tapping gently
seemed to be an alien idea. Plus the Tap n Glue tops only seem to last a
year or so before the plastic coil in the top looses its bounce!
Maybe its just me , but did not seem to be worth the effort to maintain two
sets of glue containers.
Ann in Georgia

---