Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: in-class critiques

Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 14:46:49 PDT

In a message dated 07/17/2001 6:30:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

> I am interested in knowing if any of you provide guidelines for your
> students about in-class critiques. Do you require everyone to participate?
> What do you tell them beforehand?

We have a discussion, I have terms and objectives written out on the board.
We discuss them objectively and subjectively. After discussion, I give them
a critique sheet with 4 to 5 questions both objective and subjective and they
have 25 minutes to write their own responses. They must use art terms and
explain their choices with at least two reasons why. Everyone must
participate in the writing but not the discussion. 5 points for each

Ken Schwab