Re: clean up

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 13:45:08 PDT

   My system has worked pretty good for me...I make
'table cards' up for each table with classroom
teacher's name, as well as the table's color (I color
code tables) and the four student's names that sit
there.To the left of each name is a series of colored
dots,each different colored dot represents a specific
job..team leader, assistant team leader, supplies
member and clean up member.The students rotate jobs
every grading period,there by assuring that each
student gets each job at least once a year.Each time
we meet(once a week)I assign 2 overall helpers..one
for the sink area and the other with me to receive any
directions I give them. Points are awarded on a tally
chart that is kept in the front of the room. If
everyone at the table has cooperated with the team,
done his or her respective jobs, and worked well
during the particular class time and behaved,then they
earn a tally. When a table earns five tallies, they
get to choose something from my "treat" box. At the
end of the grading period, the table with the most
points in the class gets to have a pizza lunch with me
in my room. For the lunch I combine 4 classes (16
kids), for 5 different days. (I have 20 classes). The
music teacher does the same thing so we split the cost
of pizza and it really isn't that expensive...it's
worth it..the kid's love it.
   Jan from Miami