Re:more/ Jewish quilt- Thank you

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 11:55:27 PDT

I was going to ask if the school was orthodox but since you are not
Jewish I thought it must not be.
That said I thought of another idea. This has had much success in the
past with auctions. That is
quilt making and auctioning the quilt. I think I've posted this in the
past as well. I haven't read all the posts yet so I don't know if it has
been mentioned. One simple way is to have the kids draw a scene and then
have copied on heat release (iron on)
film. I've done this at home on my computer but I didn't like the epson
film, since it left a seem (although clear). I had the class make an
apron for the teacher. I have seen quilts made using the other product
from copy centers and they really are nice. Also get the older kids or a
few moms to help do the batting and sewing. What city are you in? There
could be a lot of info where you are. You also mentioned kosher dress,
how about decorating women's scarves and auctioning them. You could tie
dye and then decorate. Use the darker blues, browns and blacks.
Sandra
mailto:tamayo@cinci.rr.com

---