Re: I have a job offer and need some advice

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 10:25:08 PDT

Kim, there is such a shortage of teachers nationwide
that it is hard to believe that you would not have
several full time offers. The one year offer may be
a normal thing with that district. I don't know if art
Jobs are still open in the KC area. On the news three
nights ago they said KCK (my district) was short 88
teachers, KCMO short 180 and Shawnee Mission was
still short 23 (biggest suburban district). Most districts
around the country post openings on their web sites.
My districts site is http://www.kckps.k12.ks.us/
or go straight to openings at
        http://www.kckps.k12.ks.us/personnel/
How up to date these postings are is another thing.
But, I'm sure that whoever they are looking at for
an opening is interviewing in several other districts.
        Let us know how you work out and what kind of
a decision you make. Most of us old hands are counting
the days (682) so there will be even more jobs soon.
You will have a lot more choices quite soon.
                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com