Re: Jerusalem themed projects/Chihully

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 10:07:08 PDT

Susan,
        Chihully even did blown glass with artists from the
Taos Pueblo in New Mexico. I saw the work on display
at the Millicent Rogers Museum in Taos. Also, several of his
Venice pieces were on display at the Kemper Museum
in Kansas City. His work is something that should not
be missed. Yet, in 1993 I was in Detroit for a Getty
workshop at Cranbrook. We visited the DIA and several
people said there was a Chihully show upstairs. I skipped
it because I did not know who he was and did not want
to look at some old glass. Was I ever wrong. If you are
anywhere they have Chihully, go out of your way to see it.
                        A Chihully Fan, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com