Re: Jerusalem themed projects/Chagall

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 06:38:15 PDT

Dear whomever wrote in. I did not receive the actual email on this I do
have some ideas. First have you contacted the teachers in the school to
get ideas based on their curriculum? It might be a good idea to talk to
them or the principal. Actually it is not as hard as it may seem. Think
in ways to fit your existing lessons to tie into a jewish theme.
*Mosaics-look at mosaics by jewish people. I just did ceramic tile
mosaics with my kids, we looked at roman and Byzantine but there were
also many other samples including jewish ones. Name of one book is "tile
by tile" The author wrote several books on it Michael avi-??? can't
remember rest. I can get info as it is upstairs.
*Scrolls with hebrew written on them.
*soft sculpture of famous jewish people (writers artists rabbis)
*do a unite on architecture and make a temple, tie in chagall and
stained glass.
*Look at literature and children's book authors for help
*Chagall-I sent in quite a bit in past years. Either go to archives or
yahoo search and type in the name. I can send it to you if you want but
I'm not going to post such a large amount on the list.
        Get on www and do searches for israel and jewish culture. You might tie
in some religious stories (moses) and do a pictogram (sorry not in my
spell check) or diorama.
Sandra
mailto:tamayo@cinci.rr.com

---