Re: Woody's WOW's

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 06:14:54 PDT

I'm glad he wants you to avoid the trite symbols.
Rather than suggest a theme, let me suggest that
students do research into individuals, families or events
that evoke emotion. Have them indetify the issues
and concerns involved. Have them make lists of all the words
that might help explain the event or issue. If they could meet
with and talk to and listen to an "old" individual who had been
there and done that it would be best. So far I have not
mentioned art. Art is about caring and understanding and
then transmitting feelings to others. For media I would
suggest collage, it is so flexible and allows students with
few drawing skills to express themselves. I hope this is making
some sense. Let us know what you develop.
                        Not Jewish in KC, Peace, Woody

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com