Re: off topic - caribbean travel query

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 06:03:17 PDT

In a message dated 07/08/2001 2:49:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wsauls@gate.net writes:

> i'm trying to plan a trip to the islands for the fall. i'd like to go
> somewhere that isn't taken over by club med type resorts and tons of
> touristy stuff. am really looking for a place that has great, easily
> accessible snorkeling spots and lots of natural places to hike and see
> native flora and fauna. also would like it to be a farily safe place (don't
> want to dodge bullets, etc.).

ARUBA, ARUBA, ARUBA.....one BIG reason- it's out of the hurricane belt,
unlike all the other Carribean islands. Very safe, wonderful beaches. For
quieter, less touristy, there's Bonaire or Curiseau (spelling!) Fall is
hurricaine season, so, unless you don't mind a crap shoot, go to ARUBA or the
B &C islands. These 3 ABC islands are out of the storm belt- good weather
365 days a year! If you do go there, e-mail me privately and I'll fill you
in on the best restaurants, etc. Although we consider Aruba "our home away
from home", I just got back yesterday from a week in St. Maartin. Weather
was perfect, food- the best in the world, IMO, and the beaches- heaven.. But,
you don't want to be there during their famous storms!
Have fun! Susan on long Island

---