Woody's WOW's

---------

From: Laraine Galloway (savannah977_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 00:24:52 PDT

Dittos on the WOW Woody....you are my hero!!

Ok I would like to throw out something to anyone who
wants to respond. I teach in a Jewish school (k-8).
The principal wants all art work done from Aug.-Jan.
to be of the theme of Jerusalem. (they are having
their anniversary of recapturing Jerusalem). I an NOT
Jewish, have never been to Israel. Any ideas of
Jerusalem themed projects? He doesn't want kiddish
cups, menorahs, dreidels etc. He wants art
commemorating/honoring the city of Jerusalem. Last
year I had the little kids make models of the Kotel
(Western Wall) from joint compound mixed w/sawdust and
or sand then spread on mat board. blocks were formed
using craft sticks and we stuck small rocksd and
greenery in the seams of the formed blocks. I need
some new ideas on this theme though. Any ideas?
Thanks, (Shalom) Laraine

---