Re: Choiceand95/45

---------

Holly112_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 20:43:12 PDT

In a message dated 7/17/01 5:45:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jekteachme@yahoo.com writes:

> . I
> do not teach K or First grade so these little ones are
> very intimatated. They just sit in the back of the
> room and not say a word (kind of like time out). My
> kids (2nd -5th)hate going to the 'babies' room and
> doing 'baby stuff'. It works for some odd reason,
> except in real extreme cases.
> Jan in Miami

When I worked in elementary, this worked for me too. Only we made the
disrupters go during their lunch period (recess time) so they couldn't be
with their friends. It really works just like Jan says. But in my middle
school, even if we could find teachers to cooperate, with 43 minute period
and room changes and other chaos, the kids would just not go, and nobody can
make them because they know there are no consequences.....sigh....

Holly :0)

---