Ten Thousand Villages - Help the World

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 12:52:51 PDT

My husband never complains when I come home with something from the
EtCetera Shop in Bluffton, Ohio....There are Ten Thousand Villages
shops all over the country (I brought home some brochures with all of
them listed!) nearly all manned by volunteers -- they are not for
profit (other than for the profit of the people who make the crafts).
Ten Thousand Villages is just one of the companies that Tracey
Colliers (South Africa) provides merchandise for.

I finally bought that neat wood drum from Cameroon that I have been
admiring for years (I will eventually add it to my site - African Art
lesson) ... I bought some great jewelry and a fun little toy from
Kenya, too.

Read more about them http://www.villages.ca ....send personal email to
me if you want a listing in your area mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com
I brought home a couple extra to snail mail.

Happy shopping! (This is a great way to build culture trunks,
too...Our local ArtSpaceLima has some fantastic culture trunks that
are always on loan to schools --check with your local art associations
and see if you can "light a spark"-- ArtSpace uses durable Rubbermaid
tubs for the trunks).

Judy Decker

---