Putumayo World Music (for the classroom)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 12:33:32 PDT

Well... I did my shopping today. I couldn't decide between "World
Playground" (A world adventure for kids) or "One World".... so I
bought them both.......just listen.....That selection is from the
"World Playground" -- makes you want to get up and dance (It is OK it
is only me watching....smile). I won't be hanging around on this
e-mail message long enough for you to hear the "One World" CD -- but I
am sure you will like it too. The CD's were only $15.00 -- you might
be able to find them in other Ten Thousand Villages Shops (my little
shop in in Bluffton Ohio for those in this area -- called Et Cetera)
http://www.putumayo.com
Crizmac has one of them listed for Africa in their catalog, too.

The CD's comes with all the words in both languages (Native language
and English -- all "old people" may need to get the magnifying glass
to read -- but it is worth it)....

Well.... I am back now. I just had to get up and clap to "Just Keep
Goin On" (Eric Bib & Needed Time) -- It is OK... I am the only one
home right now (It is OK to get up and dance when no one is watching,
you know -- see below).....but I think I will play this song for all
of my students at some point).

An item that appeared in the June 25, 2001 column had to do with the
source of a poem. http://trivia.about.com/library/blqt071601.htm

"Dance like no one is watching,
love like you'll never be hurt,
sing like no one is listening,
live like it's heaven on earth."

was thought to be inspired in part by Satchell Paige. The poem as
quoted is in fact attributed to William Purkey.

Judy Decker

P.S. "One World" CD is more soothing music (listen - Toni Child's
"House of Hope".....good for drawing maybe?)...not as fast (I did put
this message on "hold" for a moment. This booklet in this CD tells you
a little about each artist -- but doesn't have the words of the songs.
This will make you smile....Under the name of "Putumaya World Music"
is written "Guaranteed to make you feel good".

---