Re: The color black and teenagers!

---------

From: Joy McGugan (mizjmac_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 14:07:03 PDT

I was in Atlanta last week so I'm just now getting caught up with messages. I could relate to this one.

My daughter is going through the "black faze", too, but with one more year before college, I didn't want her walls painted black and purple. We compromised. I bought rolls of black and purple flame retardant metallic gossamer fabric. She sewed lines through it at top and bottom (and middle because of knee wall), pulled the stitches and pinned to wall. It looks great, very dramatic and she's very happy. I painted this mediterannean style ladder back chair in black, purple and teal and covered seat in black quilted fabric, so that's another "gothic" touch she loves. She's also painted an old set of night tables black and a little shelf.

But even with all this dramatic black she still keeps her baby doll collection out in the room!

Joy