Re: carpet yarn and upholstery samples

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 10:43:16 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Holland" Subject: carpet yarn and upholstery samples

> ton of upholstery sample books and big cones of old yarn . . . > I am very
tempted to throw this stuff out- can anyone tell me why I shouldn't?

I wouldn't throw anything out (unless it's spoiled, or you don't know it's
chemical composition). I had tons of old stuff in my art room, and six
years later, I've used most of it. If something is really in my way, and
I'm pretty sure I won't use it, I lay it out and have the students take what
they want. They'll take just about anything, old scraps, they love tangeld
yarn, fabrics, ratty old paint sets and brushes.

Use the yarn for Huichol style yarn paintings, or weavings. Use the
upholstry for collages or assemblage type sculptures, or maybe even for
stuffing for a stuffed fabric sculpture. At least keep it around for awhile
and see if something comes to mind.

Leah

---