Re: first minutes of the period....

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 10:52:56 PDT

7/14/01 9:07:40 AM, "Bunki Kramer" <bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us> wrote:

>from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us)
>Los Cerros Middle School
>968 Blemer Road
>Danville, CA 94526
>art webpage - http://ww2.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/faculty/faculty.html
>>
>> I agree > that the beginning of class can be the most stressful.
>>Some students just want to talk to you, but this will help them establish
>>a routine and allow you to get ready for the class.
>*********************

 Also it's what you think is the most important....work ethic or student/teacher
>communication....or maybe the perfect blend of both. I guess you have to
>pick your "stress".

Bunki,

I think that student/teacher communication is definitely the most important! I made the
statement about students wanting to talk, but I think you misunderstand. In fact, I stand by my
door every period and spend much time talking to my students as they enter the room. I tend to
spend what some would think is too much time counseling and talking to my students. I'm just
trying to find a nice balance next year.

Linda

---