Re: Sketchbook Rubric

---------

From: SHARON STEERE (SS21803_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 08:21:02 PDT

> Laura, I would love to have your sketchbook rubric, too. Please send an
> attachment. ss21803Anavix.net. Thank you!!!

ArtEdNetters:

> I just bought a book that has some ideas of different types of sketchbooks a
> student could make. It is by Claudia Nice and the name of it is How to keep a
> Sketchbook Journal. Copyright in 2001. It sells for $26.99. I found my copy
> at Borders.

I give my students points for their journals. They do take a great deal of time
to grade. My students make sketchbook/journal notebooks. This year I plan on
giving more assignments in the jouranl and giving more class time to work in the
journal. I haul the journals home, several times during the semester. I
ususally ask for the journals just before a quiz, which we have four times
during the semester. Study notes are to be in the journals as well as all the
hand outs I have given them. Drawings and writing about projects. Ideas and
just comments on what they have been doing or like and don't like about the
projects they are working on. The journals have been very helpful to me, giving
me feedback as to what the student might need help with or encouragement in.
Sharon Steere

---